Facts and Figures
Here are some facts and figures about Durham University:
A world top 100 university
- Ranked 97th on THE World University Rankings (2018) and 78th In the QS Word University Rankings (2020).
A top UK University
- 6th in the complete University Guide 2018, and 5th in the Guardian University Guide (2020).
26 departments or schools
- Offering over 200 undergraduate and 100 taught postgraduate courses and many research programmes.
Over 4,300 staff members
- Over 40% of academic staff are non-UK origin.
- Arts and Humanities, Business Science and Social Science and Health.
- Durham's distinctive residential and educational communities.
A top university for employability
- Ranked in the world top 40 for the employability of our students by blue-chip companies world-wide QS Graduate Employability Ranking (2020).
30% of students are of non-UK origin
- Over 130 countries represented in our staff and student bodies, creating a diverse social and academic community.
A total student population of 18,707 (2018/19)
- Made up of undergraduate and postgraduate students, from home and international.